Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge where I will be helping you, over the next week, to make at least one change in your life that you are knowingly aware needs making. This is when we name your current scenario and the lie you have been telling yourself to avoid change. It doesn’t need to be a big change. Small changes can also make a big difference and a few smaller changes will soon add up. I do realise that some reading this and maybe planning to follow the challenge will have been stuck for quite some time and the thought of change is difficult. Maybe you have got to the point where the language you use with yourself ( I cannot, I am not able) is dominating your thinking and consolidating your inaction in your mind. You have maybe tried on other occasions to change something and it hasn’t worked or you just didn’t have the tools or motivation. Maybe, you find comfort in not having to face new things or maybe you are afraid of hurting others. Whatever the reason, there is hope. If you need or want feedback on your answers, please contact me using the contact form below. I have also placed the 7 Day Challenge podcast at the end of this post.
First today is to document your issue. Please answer the following questions by being as honest as you can with yourself. Remember, if you are aware that you are doing or not doing something that is holding you back, then you are avoiding the truth and you are living a lie. When we live a lie, we collect evidence to support it and reject counter evidence that might lead us to a different path. Good Luck!!
- What is your current scenario? What is the issue you choose to change? Is it procrastination, a relationship issue, a job issue? Is it a weight loss plan you have been avoiding? Do you want more exercise, improve sleep? Write as much detail as you can. For an added twist, write with your non-dominant hand. It might give you valuable information regarding your deep feelings.
- How long has this been an issue for you?
- What have you seriously done before to solve it? Have you sabotaged any attempts?
- How does having this issue in your life make you feel?
- Were there any past opportunities to solve the issue? Are you seeing or avoiding any present ones?
- Do you honestly want to solve it or are you “living a lie”?
Contact me if you need or want feedback or more information
Listen to the 7 Day Challenge Podcast for more information